Become A Patron
Purchase Event Tickets
Up Coming Events
What We Do
Up Coming Events
Up Coming Events
The Platte Valley Arts Council, The Chug-N-Tug Tractor Club and Wyoming Arts Council are bringing The Hof Band to perform in conjunction with Copper Days Tractor Pull Festival in Encampment, Wyoming. The ole' fashioned community dance be will be on Saturday, September 11, 2021 from 6-10 pm at the Grand Encampment Opera House in Encampment. Cost includes dance & a light meal with the ticket price of $20 payable at the door. Families encouraged as children 12 and under are free. There will be a Cash Bar.
The Hof Band plays polka in the Alpine tradition. They have many traditional polkas and try to honor polka legends like Whoopee John and Frankie Yankovic in their performances. They also play tunes that have become Oktoberfest favorites like Country Roads, Sweet Caroline, I Like Beer, and the Pennsylvania Polka. In the mix there is also ballads and waltzs like Edelweiss and the Blue Eyes waltz while also ready to engage the crowd in An Ein Prosit!, Schnitzelbank, or the Chicken Dance.
Hope to see you in Encampment on September 11th for a great family event.
The Platte Valley Arts Council is sponsoring the fifth annual Hay Bale Sculpture Contest. We would like to invite you to show off some good old ranch ingenuity and give your outfit creative bragging rights, but this isn’t just open to ranchers as businesses, families & individuals are also encouraged to enter.
We invite you to create a sculpture made predominantly of hay bales. You may incorporate wood, metal, wire, paint, canvas dams or anything else you dream up into your sculpture. We want all of our valley residents to have a chance to see your handiwork, so place your works of art close to the highway, city street or county road. We will post pictures of your entry on our Facebook page:
This is actually where the winner will come from as this is strictly a social media POPULARITY CONTEST. Entries are due by October 1, 2021 by returning the form (included in this album of photos) by email to
or by Messaging us here on Facebook or if you prefer use the good ole’ fashioned mail sent to PO Box 127, Saratoga, Wyoming 82331. Your masterpiece should be completed by October 10, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. as the photos will be taken that afternoon or the next morning. The photos will then be posted to start the voting process on the 16th. Photos of entries, locations/directions will be placed here on the Platte Valley Arts Council page, and folks will be asked to vote for their favorite from October 16 through October 31, 2021.
In addition to promoting awareness of all the ranching operations in Encampment, Saratoga, and Riverside, we hope to share the creative agricultural minds in our midst. The “People's Choice" winner will take home the traveling trophy (which has been taken care of by CSU Beef Improvement Center as the 2020 winners). The trophy was created by Saratoga Artist, Sierra Smith. The winner and runners-up will be announced in November. The winning ranch, business or family will keep the trophy for one year, then surrender to be presented to the next year's winner.
1. Sculpture must be predominantly made of hay (round or square bales, loose hay), other materials may be added (wood, metal, wire, paint. cloth, etc.).
2. Sculptures should be constructed and visible near a highway or county road.
3. Entry forms due October 1, 2021
4. Final sculptures must be completed by Sunday, October 10, 2021.
5. You need not be a rancher to enter, you just need your own hay and materials and a place to display.
6. You do not need to be a member of the Platte Valley Arts Council to enter.
7. Photos of hay bale sculptures will be posted on the Platte Valley Arts Council Facebook page, and a tally of votes placed on that page will determine the winners.
8. The winner will be entitled to keep the traveling trophy for one year, and then will surrender the trophy for the following year's judging.
9. The Platte Valley Arts Council assumes no responsibility for any injuries that may result in the construction or viewing of the sculptures.
10. Have Fun!!!
The mission of the Platte Valley Arts Council is to keep ART in the Valley. Help us do that with this unique and exciting opportunity. We look forward to seeing what you create. Good luck from the Platte Valley Arts Council Board Members
Total Items: 1
Use Default Sorting
Price: Low to High
Price: High to Low
Hof Band Tickets